November 1, 2018
Every organization has something about it that defines its charism. Whatever the factor, it is something that makes it unique and gives it an identity like no other organization. For St. Mary’s, I think that ‘something’ is our commitment to service-oriented learning and the degree to which our students thrive and succeed in each service opportunity. Last week, our Middle School students hosted the Annual Haunted House night, raising $1533 for charity. And while the students would simply say they had fun, I know that they learned skills like planning, collaborating with classmates and executing a clean up! A very special thanks to Mrs. Carrie Devine and the Middle School teachers for supervising this event and to the parents who also stayed to assist the kids with clean up. I am so proud of our St. Mary’s community, but most especially of our students!
The first marking period of the school year ends on November 9th. Parent teacher conferences are scheduled for Monday, November 19th and Tuesday, November 20th. Both of these days are HALF DAYS of school, with aftercare available. If you have not scheduled your child’s parent conference (grades K-5), please e-mail the teacher as soon as possible. If you are the parent of a middle school student and would like a conference, please contact Ms. Griffin in the office or your child’s homeroom teacher to arrange that meeting.
Some other item/ events to be aware of are:
- Mass of the Feast of All Saints this Thursday, Nov. 1st at 9:30 a.m.
- First Friday Liturgy on Nov. 2nd at 11:00 with noon dismissal
- NO School on Monday, Nov. 12th for Veteran's Day.
- Our next PTO meeting will be Tuesday, Nov. 13th at 6:30 in the cafeteria.
- Thanksgiving Mass will be held Tuesday, Nov. 20th at 11:00, followed by dismissal at noon
- Picture Retakes (and photos for 3 year old pre-k) will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 27th- morning only.
- Thursday, December 13th- Annual Christmas Pageant and Concert. More information to follow.
We will be executing a Lockdown drill later this month. The faculty are reviewing the procedure with your child(ren) however I felt it best to let you know, in case your child has questions.
I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. May God continue to bless you and your family with His abundant graces.